The Liam charitable Fund was founded by Lhani and Tim Davies, the parents of Liam Davies who died of Methanol Poisoning after being served what the bar staff stated was genuine imported Vodka Limes mixes at Rudy Bar on Gili Trawangan, Indonesia, January 2013. The drink was in fact a adultered mix of local spirits and unknown chemicals. Liam and two friends suffered from severe Methanol Poisoning that night, Liam being the most severe.
We started the Charity for two reasons.
- Increase people’s awareness of the disgusting practise of ‘mixing arak and chemicals” and decantering into genuine imported spirit bottles. This practise is wide spread across bars in Bali, Lombok and Gili Islands.
- To educate Medical staff on timely, correct treatment for methanol Poisoning and to educate Producers and local Indonesian people about the risks of Methanol poisoning.